Well, that’s an interesting question.
We don’t provide support for general Nagios or Operating System queries. We only provide support for Check WMI Plus.
If you contact us about something already documented then we will probably just point you to that. We are not your documentation.
Please make sure that you have done all of the following before asking for support –
- Make sure you are using the latest version – we only support the latest version.
- Make sure you have read the Quick Start and have all of that working.
- Make sure you have the Perl module versions or later listed on the installation page.
- Read the –help output (its in the Readme file in the download bundle as well), look at the Nagios Commands and Nagios Services
- If you are trying to make your own queries using the ini files, look at the sample ones, copy an existing one and read the sample documentation (in the sample ini files). There is some ini file documentation here, including details on how to create your own ini file based checks.
- Make sure you have had a look at the FAQ.
Normally if you are having problems with the plugin we will ask you for the output of the plugin using the -d -d options. If you send this to us now then you will save some time since we are probably going to just ask you for this anyway.
Then, after doing everything above, if you have to, and if it is directly concerning Check WMI Plus, get in touch with any queries.